The Larry Rutledge USMC Scholarship Fund
PURPOSE: To grant scholarships to qualified applicants in order of preference and need as follows:
1. All graduating high school senior living in Montgomery County.
2. Children and grandchildren living in the state of Texas of active, associate and auxiliary members of Marine Corps League.
3. Members of the active Reserve, Marine Corps and Naval Service serving with the Marine Corps.
REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A SCHOLARSHIP GRANT:
1. Applicant must complete the scholarship form and submit it to the Scholarship Committee in a timely manner for review.
2. Copy of unofficial transcripts and a letter of recommendation from someone other than a family member, i.e.: Teacher, Counselor, Principal, Pastor, or Employer.
3. Answer all the questions on the attached questionnaire; include a one page essay, double spaced in 12 point font on a current event that demonstrates patriotism. This can be a local or national news story. (For example, a home owner that argues with their HOA about displaying an American flag in their yard).
4. Deadline for submission is indicated on the pdf.
5. Proof of Educational Institutionís acceptance and copy of registration courses must be received before funds will be disbursed.
6. Carry a minimum of 9 credit hours or 6 credit hours + 1 lab.
1. The approval of each scholarship shall be recommended by the Scholarship Committee subject to budget limitations and the availability of funds.
2. All checks will be made payable to the Educational Institution. The name and address of Institution to be supplied by the applicant.
3. A limit of $2,000.00 per student (lifetime) is set.
4. Scholarships will be awarded to Educational Institutions within the State of Texas only.
5. Unless required by the education institution, disbursement will be 50% 1st semester, 50% 2nd semester.
P.O. BOX 523
Conore, TX 77305
Students are also encouraged to apply for the following Department of Texas and National scholarships: